Well that was January then, I kept myself very busy and focussed this month. I set a target of 3 completed models a week…I have beating that, in fact I think it’s the most models I have ever painted in 4 weeks. I also played 6 games of SAGA and managed to win 4 and lose 2 (both losses on the same day!!). Picked up some new rules and figures for Muskets & Tomahawks and squeezed one taster game in last Friday, which I did enjoy, the club campaign kicks off this week so that should be interesting. So below is a list of the completed figures for January;
Levy x 6, Mounted Hearthguard x 1.
Hearthguard Camel & Rider x 2, Hearthguard Horse & Rider x 1, Warrior Bowmen x 5, Hearthguard x 1, Religious Adviser x 1.
Muskets & Tomahawks
French Line Infantry x 4, Indians x 2, French Marine x 1, Coureurs des Bois x 1
So that’s 25 figures in total, quite a good haul really, lets hope I can keep this motivation up.
Been very busy researching, studying rulesets and painting my new Musket and Tomahawk force.
Getting ready for the campaign to kick off in the club and start smashing the Americans and Brits!!
Purchased the French Wilderness Force from Gripping Beast, 20 French Line infantry and an officer from Frontrank Figurines, very impressed with the castings and details are excellent from both companies. Heres a few ipad shots of whats completed so far.
Happy New Year to you all, I hope you received some nice new pressies…I got loads more lead.
To keep myself motivated I have set myself a target of at least 3 completed models a week. I know it does not sound a lot, especially when I look at some people’s blogs, they have set targets of 800 plus for the year!! I am currently working on my two SAGA forces, so on the workbench this week is..
Norman – 3 x Levies and 1 x Mounted Hearthguard.
Mutatwwi’a – 1 x Mounted Hearthguard on Camel, 1 x Warrior with Bow and 1 Hearthguard on Foot.
You clever people will have noticed that’s more than 3 there for the week. What I have found is that since I got my painting mojo back I find it easier to stay interested if I have a variety of models on the go at once. I am loving the new Mutatwwi’a warband, never painted a camel and the chance to use bright sunny colours and light washes is making a real change from Anglo Dane stuff, and the models are as usual, high quality casted.
What are you guys working on and have you set any goals?
Hi guys, I got round to having a crack at a test figure for my new SAGA Norman force. Fairly simple really, painted lots of Rohan horses so fairly straight forward. Horse markings are just ok I think, maybe not wash them so much next time. Comments appreciated, thanks.
I bought these chaps at Salute this year, played a demo of the game as well and loved it. Painted them fairly quickly as well, the plan was to take it to my club and start a campaign (which is brilliant by the way). However, life got in the way and my mojo for the hobby waned!!! Anyway back on it, thought I would post up some pictures of how they turned out. In fact I did take it to the club and it was well received, so need to get that ball rolling again. Enjoy!
Not much has changed since my last update…except for the addition of Jugula and some more lead!!
Jugula – 8 Figures purchased at Salute, 6 painted and 2 undercoated, 8 games played and loving it. Saga – 6 point Anglo Dane – 22 figures nearly done so over halfway! Still to undercoat 2 x Flemish Warriors, Hereward the Wake, 4 x Double Handed Axe Hearthguards, Bard and Sons of Death. Bolt Action – 3 more units of British Infantry, Command Unit and Churchill Tank is assembled. Warhammer 40K – Approx half way through the huge Riptide. Hail Caesar – 100ish Figures to complete on the starter army.
Still need to get round to a morning of photography for the blog and that’s about it….thank god!! The variety keeps me interested lol. I will try my best to post up some pictures in the next week or so….lucky rolling.